Subject: Re: Lightwave and 060
From: [email-masked] (Thomas Strauss)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 94 14:23:47 MET

Hi Adam, I refer to <[email-masked]> (Sep 22) :

> 
>   Well, for us who might consider an 060..Will lightwave
> rendering dramatically speed up? i heard that lightwave had
> code that was optimized for 030 and 040 but how much faster
> would the 060 version render..if the code is not optimized..
> which leads to anotehrr question..will newtek redo teh code for
> 060???

I recently read in an article about the '060 that 040 optimized code will
run at least twice as fast, since this was the intend of Motorola: Give
040 optimized software an increased performance by changing the Processor
;)

I will check the article's details about that if you wish. It's in german,
though.

>                [email-masked] [email-masked]

CU
  Thomas

--                                                                     .:
Thomas Strauss| You can reach me via:                      |         .:::
Josefstr.64   | Internet  : [email-masked]            |       .;' ::
66809 Nalbach | UseNet    : [email-masked]           |     .;'   ::
06838/85218   | Z-Netz    : [email-masked]       |   .:::::::::
06838/84739 <-@-local BBS : [email-masked]        | .::.     .::.